Our website address is: https://sfscentre.org.uk.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Solution Focus Services may change this policy and will be posted onto our website with any subsequent amendments. This policy is effective from 13th May 2019.
Security of your information
Your personal information and confidentiality are important to us. We endeavour to take all reasonable measures to ensure the confidentiality and security of personal data for which we are responsible, whether computerised or on paper.
If you are someone who is seeking counselling, therapy or coaching, our records of any personal details you supply us with will be securely held and will be retained only as long as necessary. We guarantee not to pass your details on to anybody else without your consent, unless there is an over-riding imperative, such as serious risk to someone, especially if that person is a child or other vulnerable person, in which case we may need to be in contact with the relevant professionals such as a GP and Social Services.
Use of customer information
We may require certain information to allow us to work with you. This may include your name, address, telephone number, and email address. These details will be recorded on paper and will be kept in a secure location that only Solution Focus Services Staff can access. As soon as you no longer require our services your details will be shredded.
Disclosure to third parties
Solution focus Services does not and will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We never disclose information about a customer to any other person or organisation without your consent unless there is an emergency situation that requires it or we are legally required to do so.
Solution Focus Services recognises that confidentiality is of fundamental importance to service users and also essential to the effective running of the whole service.
A service user is defined as anyone approaching Solution Focus Services for group, and one to one, support.
Solution Focus Service’s Confidentiality Policy is based on the principle that the service user’s interests, wishes and rights are of fundamental importance. A service user who uses Solution Focus Services has the right to be confident that:
- information given by the service user will only be used for the purpose for which it was disclosed
- information will not normally be shared with anyone outside Solution Focus Service staff without the express consent of the service user unless there is a significant risk to themselves or others.
- all records will be securely stored
- information would only be shared on a “need to know” basis
- all confidential information should be rigorously safeguarded
Solution Focus Services delivers from settings which promote the privacy and dignity of the service user.
Exceptional circumstances are when:
- the service user will cause ‘significant harm’ to self or others, in particular, a child
- the service user will have ‘significant harm’ caused to her/him
- where Solution Focus Services or an individual worker has been instructed to divulge information by a court by means of a witness summons
- where the police ask a different question under an order from a circuit judge regarding suspected terrorist offences or in tracing the proceeds of drug trafficking offences
- where there is statutory obligation to disclose information e.g. The Serious Fraud Office or in relation to the Drug Trafficking Offences Act, or child protection under the Children’s Act 1989.
Please note we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation Act 2018.